PCOD- Fast growing problem in young females
Problems associated are menstrual irregularities, obesity,acne, hair fall , facial hair growth , infertility and even risk of diabetes, hypertension , cardiovascular disorders in future if not treated.
These problems can easily be dealt with proper consultation.
PCOD sufferers should take special care of their diet and should work to maintain adequate BMI along with their
“Causes of PCOD”
The cause of PCOD is still unknown. However, the association of PCOD with low-grade inflammation, excess insulin,production of male hormones (Hyperandrogenism) in high quantity and genetics can be found. Also, early age of menarche, unhealthy lifestyle and pollution are some of the contributing factors of PCOD.
Symptoms of PCOD
Watch out for the following common symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Disorder:
Examples are listed below:
- Irregular periods, occurring every 2 to 3 months
- Heavy bleeding (Menorrhagia)
- Unusual body and facial hair growth (hirsutism)
- Stubborn acne that refuses to heal with the usual treatments.
This is due to excess peripheral androgen.
- Uncontrolled weight gain around the waist area especially
- Pigmentation or darkening of the skin around the neck region
- Male-pattern baldness
- PCOD can be conquered, ‘YES WE CAN’