Physiotherapy is a rehabilitation science which aims at maximizing the functional potential of an individual who has a disease dysfunction or injury. It aims to promote health and fitness in every individual’s life.
Almost all Indoor patients are offered pre and post-operative treatment for at least 3-4 days and rehab for non- operated cases upto discharge. All patients are counseled regarding “Dos” and “Don’ts”, home care and continuation of treatment to maintain good health.
Neurological Diagnostic Services
- Spine physiotherapy and rehabilitation
- Sports physiotherapy and rehabilitation
- Under 18 physiotherapy and rehabilitation
- Women’s health
- Weight & fitness (Pilates and other therapy)
- In the OPD – Arthritis, trauma and operated orthopedic patients come regularly and form the bulk of OPD practice.
- Shoulder and ACL rehabilitation programme for operated and conservatively managed patients is given meticulously and regularly.
- Stroke patients, peripheral nerve injuries and operated cases of nerve and tendon injuries come for treatment to the department.
- Bronchial Asthma, COPD, Bronchiectasis and Bypass patients come to learn breathing exercises and get advised about life style modifications to keep fit and healthy.
- For pain management Electro modalities like SWD (Short Wave Dairthmy), US (Ultra Sound) PWB (Paraffin Wax Bath) IFT (Inter Ferential Therapy) , Steam, Hot Packs and Ice Packs are regularly used.
- Electrical Stimulators are used for Galvanic and Faradic stimulations
Note: This is not the complete and comprehensive list of conditions we treat at Velmed Hospitals. This information is designed for educational information only and should not be taken as medical advice. Please feel free to consult with our qualified specialists for an accurate diagnosis before starting any treatment.
Dr. Chanchal Sharma
Dr. Namita Taneja