Except for emergency cases, patient is admitted to the hospital by appointment. The admission is recommended by the specialist during the patient’s outpatient consultation. Before admission, the patient is counselled by the front desk executive regarding the treatment package which includes:
- Estimated bill amount
- Average length of stay
- Various modes of payment accepted
- Documents to bring on day of admission
On arrival of the patient for admission the IPD Registration staff completes the admission formalities and allots the room to the patient. The patient will be escorted to the concerned ward and the Patient Relation Coordinator will orientate the patient to the ward and the facilities available. The Patient will then be checked by the ward doctor – this involves taking a detailed medical history, measuring and recording the vital parameters by the nursing staff and ordering of tests if necessary.
During the patient’s stay in the hospital, he/she will be attended by a team of doctors comprising of medical specialists, assisted by medical officers and resident. Every care is taken in respect of patient care, treatment, meals, dress and health recovery. The daily routine in the ward includes activities such as ward rounds by doctors, medication, investigations (if required), meals, visiting hours and bedtime. If required, the doctors operate the patient as part of the treatment.
The patient’s medical records and information on their medical condition are confidential. We will only share this information with the patient and the next-of-kin. If the immediate family members wish to know more about the patient’s condition, they can approach the appropriate coordinator to arrange for convenient time to meet the concerned doctor. Mode of payment is either cash or credit/debit cards (MasterCard, Maestro and Visa).
Discharge of the patient will be authorized as per the doctor’s opinion.
In case the patient/relative wishes to be transferred to another hospital or be sent home against the advice of the doctor, the patient/relative would be required to sign a ‘Discharge against Medical Advice’ declaration and the hospital will not be held responsible for any change in the patient’s condition, thereafter.
- Your Summary Report/Discharge Card will be given to you by the IPD Billing department staff.
- Please submit the visitor passes at the billing department at the time of discharge failing which an additional charge of Rs.500/- will be added to your total bill amount.
- Any refund, will be paid by cash/ cheque at the time of discharge
- All outgoing telephone calls (LOCAL/STD/ISD) will be charged in the final bill.
The discharge timings followed in the hospital are morning, afternoon & evening. Official checkout time is 12 Noon. Discharge process is initiated only after the doctor has recorded a suitable entry in the patient’s file. It would take us approx. 4 hours to process your discharge. This includes the preparation of a discharge summary by the doctor, return of unused medicines, preparation of your bill and compilation of reports.
Once your bill is ready, the Billing Department will inform you requesting for settlement. You will then have to proceed to the IP Billing Counter on the first floor from where you may collect your bill. The payment will be made at the IP Billing Counter on the first floor. You will be handed over discharge slip which you may hand over to the Co-ordinator/Nurse, who will then hand over all the reports to you. Medicolegal cases are bound by certain rules, whereby the first X-ray film & all reports are required to be retained by the hospital.
Our visiting hours are from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm and 4pm to 7pm. Please restrict the number of visitors with a view to reduce disturbance and likelihood of infection. Children below 12 years are not allowed to be in any inpatient area except under very special circumstances. This is intended to be a child welfare measure. You are requested to maintain silence while in the hospital. Kindly avoid using cellular phones, since this causes interference with sophisticated patient monitoring systems.
Food and flowers from outside are not permitted in the hospital. Attendant’s and visitor’s passes shall be issued on admission desk at the time of admission.
Attendant’s Pass: One attendant pass per patient is normally issued on admission. Private room & higher category patients will be issued two attendant passes. For all ICUs, only one pass is allowed. Pass valid from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm and 4 pm to 7 pm
Visitor’s Pass: Two passes will be issued on admission.
Children below the age of 14 are not allowed as visitors in the hospital. This is to protect them from getting infected as they are more susceptible to contract infections. A written authorization from the Medical Superintendent must be obtained for allowing children to visit the patient.
Visiting Hours: Intensive Care Unit & Wards/ Rooms are Monday to Sunday – 11 AM to 12 Noon, 5pm to 6pm.
Only one attendant is permitted to stay with the patients round the clock. The attendant pass is valid upto the date of discharge. Attendant of the patient admitted in ICUs will remain in the hospital in the attendant waiting area on the some floor. He/ She is permitted to spend the night in the prescribed area.
General Guidelines and Dos / Dont’s
- Ask your patient’s permission to visit before you arrive.
- Wash your hands / sanitize them before you touch the patient.
- Put your cell phone in Silent Mode.
- Leave the room if the doctor or nurse arrives to examine or talk to the patient.
- Don’t enter the hospital if you have any symptoms that could be contagious like cold, flu, etc.
- Don’t bring outside food/fruits inside the hospital for patients. The hospital serves well balanced vegetarian meals. Dieticians, in association with the doctor, will manage your diet needs. For service timings and more info kindly contact dietary services.
- Don’t Smoke, consume alcohol and non-vegetarian food in the hospital premises.
- Don’t bring flowers, bouquets for the patient.
- Don’t attempt photography / video shoot in the hospital premises.
- Don’t bring children while visiting the patient.
- Don’t argue/ fight with the security guards.
The management of Velmed Hospital does not encourage tipping. We would kindly request you to refrain from giving any tips either in cash or kind to the hospital staff.
Housekeeping & Laundry
Housekeeping Department at Velmed Hospitals looks after the cleanliness of your room. Wards are cleaned and bed linen and towels are changed.
- We solicit your cooperation and support in keeping the hospital clean.
- Kindly avoid flushing any materials like cotton bandages, sanitary napkins, etc. in the toilet
- Please do not chew betel leaf/betel nut/smoke/drink alcohol in hospital premises
- Please do not dispose waste/rubbish anywhere except into the bins provided for the purpose. As per infection control norms, we have provided bins in all convenient places and washrooms. Please dispose the waste as marked on the bins.
Accommodation For Attendants
One attendant is allowed per patient in the room/ward after visiting hours (10.30 – 11.30 am and 5.00 – 7.00 pm). It is mandatory to carry the Attendant Pass issued at the time of admission. The attendant should vacate the room/ward when the patient is shifted to OT/ICU. The attendant may still retain the room, but in this case the patient will be charged for double occupancy (bed charge + OT/ICU charge). This however, is allowed subject to the availability of rooms.
Religious & Spiritual Service
The religious and spiritual services can be organized on request. Please contact the front office for the same.
If you are visiting Velmed Hospitals for the first time, you need to get a one time registration done. You will be issued a Patient ID number and a file will be made in your name.
Confidentiality of Information
All Information Pertaining to you will be kept confidential except for notifiable diseases, that is shared with government authorised personnel, as per law.
If you require surgery, the doctor will write a Surgery Request. With prescription, you have to pay Rs 5000/- as OT booking charges (non-refundable) at the Cash Counter. This will be adjusted against your hospital bill. The computer-generated receipt should be brought back to the counter from where the booking for the Operation Theatre would be done. The doctor will inform you of the time you should report for surgery and the instructions to follow. It is only for OT booking not for Room Booking.
Velmed Hospitals offer a choice of patient Rooms / Beds. All the rooms are air-conditioned. Effort is made to provide the type of room that you desire. However, in the event of non-availability of the room of your choice, you will be allotted the best alternative room available.
Each ward which is air conditioned consists of 6 or 8 beds, separated by curtain partitions.
Each room accommodates 3 / 4 patients separated by curtain partitions.
These are single bed air-conditioned units A television, telephone and a wardrobe are provided. It has a large bathroom. Couch is provided for the attendant at night.
The Deluxe Room is larger in size and is provided with a refrigerator & different interior. It has a spacious bathroom and all other facilities of a single room.
The Suite room is the last word in patient comfort. Each suite is laid out with a refrigerator, a microwave & a different interior. A large bath room attached to the patient’s room. Special bed with remote control facility for various reclining positions considering patient comfort is provided and a separate bed for the attendants.
Day Care Beds
Patients coming for the daycare surgery/procedure shall be admitted in the first floor.
Policy for Computing Bed Charges
Minimum admission is for a day except in Day Care and Emergency where rent is charged on hourly basis. Up to 6 hours is counted as half a day, 6 hours to 24 hours is counted as one day
In the event of a bed transfer during the course of treatment, the higher category bed charges will be applicable for the day of transfer.
In case the patient is transferred to the ICU and you wish to retain your room, you will have to fill a Double Occupancy request form. This will entail the normal charges for the room in addition to the charges applicable to the ICU bed. Double occupancy will be allowed subject to availability of rooms.
Admission through Emergency
When a patient is admitted to the Emergency Ward and the desired category of bed is not available, you will be charged for the desired category of bed, if the same is lower than the emergency ward bed. In any other event, the charges applicable to emergency ward bed would prevail.
Intensive Care Units
The ICUs are equipped with most modern patient monitoring systems. Round the clock physician coverage to all ICU patients is given. In the interest of the critically ill patients, it is necessary to restrict the number of visitors to intensive care patient areas. One attendant is allowed to be in the ICU lobby for each patient. They may leave their contact number at the ICU reception while leaving the ICU lobby.
The House Keeping Department will be responsible for the cleanliness of your room. The daily routine will include bed making, cleaning of the room and the toilet and changing toilet amenities
The Dietician will prescribe your diet requirements. Our Food Service Department ensure the highest hygiene standard. Your diet is a part of your tariff. Food from outside is not permitted to be brought into the Hospital. As a hospital policy; non-vegtarain food shall not be cooked/served to patients inside hospital premises.
If you require any assistance for TV, AC, Power point or Telephone, you can contact through the coordinator at the respective floor station.
Your suggestions will be invaluable in improving our services. Please submit your suggestion via our website or through Suggestion Box.
For patients who are covered under medical insurance and TPAs counseling of the patient is carried out in the Billing & TPA Department located in the basement of the main hospital building.
The counselors will inform you about the following:
- One stop service desk
- Documents required to claim insurance
- Paper work to be completed
- Hospital policies regarding advance deposits and reimbursements
- Priority appointments
- Hassle-free billing
- Arrangement for in-patient admission
- Arrangement of follow-up appointments
- Providing any type of information related to patient services or doctor’s support
- Arrangement of facility tour of the hospital for community doctors and corporate organizations
- Priority ambulance arrangements
- Arrangement of Group Vaccination for employees and families of different organizations upon request
- Group facility tours of the hospital
- Providing cash-less admission and processing insurance claims (only for patients insured by insurance providers under corporate agreement with the hospital as per our updated terms & conditions).